Thursday, June 12, 2014

Freedom!

Today's the first real day of my new part-time schedule at my day job, meaning I will only be working there on Monday, Tuesday, and half of Wednesday. That means I'll have the rest of the week to focus on Fridgecrisis Games projects! The Villages Kickstarter campaign did so well that I think I'll be able to write myself a decent paycheck every month while I keep working on Villages and developing new games and merchandise to keep the cycle going. I'm really excited to have this chance to make my own money by doing the things I love most.

As part of this new schedule, I'd like to start writing more about the games, movies, books, etc. that I find interesting in one way or another. They wouldn't necessarily be reviews, but rather examinations of their design, plot, or other elements that I feel would be useful to absorb as an artist, writer, and designer. While I think it's important to enjoy other people's creations, it will also be extremely useful to know exactly why I enjoy them and how I can use some of the same techniques in my own stuff.

Hopefully these posts will be interesting to you guys as well, and I'd love to hear your responses and opinions. Having good discussions with other people who have different points of view will make the whole thing even more useful.

Stay tuned for the first post! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment